January 11, 2012
Accessing any interesting websites on the Internet whilst at work is risky business. A bit like stealing the last chocolate from the box, or having sex in a public place – except the gratification is nowhere near matched, unfortunately. Recently, I’ve been doing the odd few days a week where my boyfriend’s mum works; gathering a bit of cash during my holidays from university. This aspect is brilliant but, alas, the work I’m ‘set’ isn’t exactly enthralling or all that time-consuming, meaning that I have a ridiculous amount of spare time to kill during the day…
Here’s a list of websites to keep you going during your ‘working’ day:
- www.reddit.com/r/askreddit – plethora of random questions, more often than not, hilarious
- www.reddit.com/r/sex – similar to the first, gives insight into how hopeless guys are and how secretly horny us ladies are
- www.reddit.com/r/twoxchromosones – page where women talk about women things
- www.reddit.com/r/indiefolk – if you’re lucky enough to be able to listen to music at work
- www.look.co.uk – website that corresponds to the UK magazine (my favourite magazine)
- www.cosmopolitan.com or uk – I prefer .com, strangely
- www.wordpress.com – perfect time to write away
What websites do you frequent when you’re bored?
, the office
January 10, 2012
Much to my boyfriend’s delight. Despite claiming that their next country to venture to was going to be Spain by 2013, it turns out they’ve opened up to the UK first.
Here’s the info.
We checked it out last night, choosing to watch Supersize Me – which was amusingly his top recommendation. The speed of streaming is brilliant and it’s such a relief compared to the epic fannying around that watching films off dodgy websites entails. However, the library available isn’t as brilliant as I’d have thought it would be, meaning I’d still be drawn to other sites for more recent films, or things that aren’t available on Netflix. TV shows look pretty good though, think I’ll be using my account to watch every episode of The Office. Sorry, English degree…
You get a free 30 day trial if you sign up through your Facebook (it notes on your page whenever you watch a film – go advertising!), which then becomes £5.99 a month if you choose to keep it going after the first month. Maybe the library will open up a little once the website finds its feet in the UK, you never know. ‘Til then, TV shows ahoy!
, supersize me
, the office