January 10, 2014
If you’ve been reading my musings lately, you’ll be all too aware that I’ve just got back from London – and I’m still sulking about the lack of effort I put into my outfits for LCM. Given that I’ve been asked by a couple of magazines to cover LFW for them, I’m already madly planning outfits to ensure that I actually look the part this time. So, instead of writing my essay (currently at 1,000/5,000 words with less than 3 days to go – stellar), I’ve spent the last hour or so conjuring up outfits in my head/on the Internet – my bank account is in peril.
I’m desperately hunting for a co-ordinates set at the moment but, after endlessly hunting the Internet, I haven’t had much luck – so I’ve opted for a different spin on the trend here. Both the coat and the shirt are houndstooth print, which would tick the boxes for that co-ord look I’m after – pop in some chic ankle-grazing trousers and open-toed sandles (toenails would have to be oxblood, definitely) – and I’m in love. Arguably, if I had these in the shop, the love could go down the drain very quickly: I’ve lost far too many outfit lusts to trying them on and then realising I look like a pure pillock, so bare with me on this one…
And oops, I just ordered them…
Total Savings: £66
What do you think? Will it work, or has my essay-riddled brain finally lost it?
, january sales
January 9, 2014
As I’m writing this, I’ve just discovered I have only about a fifth of a bottle of water to last me a 6 hour 30 coach journey, so I’ll apologise in advance, lest I start sounding like a whiny bitch at all. Also, forgive the slightly too literal 90s goth vibe I’ve got going on above – I just can’t shake that choker… It’s all over: four crazy days of London living, and now I’m back on the ol’faithful Megabus lamenting the five-month waste of life that my degree currently feels like: can’t I just move to London now? Please?
There are many things about London that are just right up my street:
- Everyone keeps themselves to themselves, and it’s pretty kosher to storm around the city wearing mental clothes, huge headphones and a natural scowl.
- There’s so much shit going on: I love the feeling of being interconnected with creative processes actually happening – I wouldn’t survive five minutes in the sticks.
- Nobody asks questions when you cheesily go into McDonalds after working all day to ask for just salt (emergency piercing cleaning materials, but he didn’t need to know that). “Would you like anything with that?” “Uh no, cheers – s’laters” *scarpers*
There are many things about London that make me want to set fire to people:
- Carrying a suitcase. On the Underground. With a camera bag, a backpack and a shopping bag: it really ought to be illegal. I’m sorry if I ran over your foot. But if you’re one of the nobs who point-blank refused to say ‘thanks’ for me holding the door open, I hope you lost a toe to gangrene.
- The try-hard fashionistas. You wouldn’t believe the amount of people I saw wearing absolutely bonafide outfits, until you looked up and saw they were wearing something akin to a birdcage on their head. Mate, I know you want to get street-snapped, but come on now – you look like Dame Edna.
- Drunk coach-dwellers. Had the privilege of spending a two hour coach journey with a drunk old man and his equally drunk daughter behind me. Cackling. My distaste peaked when he leered “Oh hello, what’s yer name?” as I fought my way back down the aisle after chancing a wee on the motorway. Charmed.
My new favourite eatery – Hummus Bros – I lived off this mushroom/houmous mix and Wagamamas.
One of the few show shots I actually caught – Agi & Sam A/W14.
Patisserie Valerie cakes that my Vegan self wanted but couldn’t have.
Day 3 was the end of my brain.
The best news about this week is the fact that I’ve been asked by WJ London to return to cover London Fashion Week with them.
Catch my LCM articles for WJ London here.
Tagged: agi & sam
, ebony lauren nash
, hummus bros
, london fashion week
, patisserie valerie
January 8, 2014
I might be typing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my eyes may still be in bed. London Collections: Men is drawing to a close today and, trust me – I’ve had a blast. I’m not going to go into the details here, as an update will be posted later on, but here’s my last outfit of LCM (all that matters is that the mouse at the tube station yesterday didn’t get me).
Urban Outfitters Kimchi + Blue Blouse – £20 | Primark Pleated Skirt – £?
Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal Tartan Scarf – £9
Face: Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in SB 02 | MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder | Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light | MAC Powder Blush in Peaches | Benefit Hervana Blush
Eyes: L’oreal Brow Pencil in Dark Brunette | Rimmel GlamEyes Liquid Eyeliner in Black | MAC Kohl Liner in Smolder | Benefit They’re Real Mascara | Smashbox Smokebox | Illamasqua Neutral Palette
Lips: MAC Matte Lipstick in Lady Danger
Not particularly sure why/how I’m accidentally flipping off the camera here – but I like it…
, fashion week
, urban outfitters
, who's jack london