January 11, 2012
Accessing any interesting websites on the Internet whilst at work is risky business. A bit like stealing the last chocolate from the box, or having sex in a public place – except the gratification is nowhere near matched, unfortunately. Recently, I’ve been doing the odd few days a week where my boyfriend’s mum works; gathering a bit of cash during my holidays from university. This aspect is brilliant but, alas, the work I’m ‘set’ isn’t exactly enthralling or all that time-consuming, meaning that I have a ridiculous amount of spare time to kill during the day…
Here’s a list of websites to keep you going during your ‘working’ day:
- www.reddit.com/r/askreddit – plethora of random questions, more often than not, hilarious
- www.reddit.com/r/sex – similar to the first, gives insight into how hopeless guys are and how secretly horny us ladies are
- www.reddit.com/r/twoxchromosones – page where women talk about women things
- www.reddit.com/r/indiefolk – if you’re lucky enough to be able to listen to music at work
- www.look.co.uk – website that corresponds to the UK magazine (my favourite magazine)
- www.cosmopolitan.com or uk – I prefer .com, strangely
- www.wordpress.com – perfect time to write away
What websites do you frequent when you’re bored?
, the office
January 9, 2012
It’s been around three long years since I last had a proper, written blog and, given I’m an Undergraduate English Language student – it’s a bit lax. There isn’t a particular theme for this blog, more an excuse for me to exercise my brain a little and an outlet for me to bitch and moan about things that irk me, or to gush over the things I love.
For a current example, I’d quite happily write a post bitching about the fact that I have an essay due on the 20th and a huge book that corresponds with it, that I cannot be bothered reading. Conversely, I’d write an ‘on-the-fence’ post about Lana Del Rey – a hot topic of discussion at the moment – blurring the lines between indie and pop mainstream, one shot of Botox at a time. Finally, if I were to write a post about something I currently love, it’d be about The Civil Wars, or the joys of Student Finance and the January Sales.
Today, however, I think I have to concentrate on the damn essay… Read more ›
Tagged: band of horses
, everything everything
, fionn regan
, lana del rey
, laura marling
, the civil wars