April 9, 2013
I feel the need to clarify that I, in no way, advocate or have any interest or affiliation with Thatcher’s politics but, you’ve got to hand it to the woman – her wardrobe was pretty nifty at times. And hey, there’s nothing wrong with celebrating a bit of fashion-related empowerment, right? So here’s a quick wardrobe update for us high-street store dwellers: (P.s. If I find anyone wearing these to a ‘Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead’ party, I will not be impressed)
Read more ›
, high street
, river island
September 24, 2012
It’s been a long time going with this posts, but here’s the last addition to my entry – if you’ve lost the plot of what’s going on, I’m entering the Moneysupermarket.com Passion For Fashion competition, which is explained in full in the first part. The final look that I will be pulling together is Office, which should be pretty easy for me – since I have a tendency to wear shirts for no decent reason. Enjoy!
Read more ›
, two tone
July 31, 2012
I’ve got to admit it – Next is seldom my first choice for any kind of wear but next season, this might just be changing. Next have launched their A/W 2012 collection and it is pretty scorching. If you’re looking for something to spruce up your work wardrobe and make the coming weekdays seem that little bit more exciting, you may want to invest in at least a couple of these pieces.
Read more ›
January 11, 2012
Accessing any interesting websites on the Internet whilst at work is risky business. A bit like stealing the last chocolate from the box, or having sex in a public place – except the gratification is nowhere near matched, unfortunately. Recently, I’ve been doing the odd few days a week where my boyfriend’s mum works; gathering a bit of cash during my holidays from university. This aspect is brilliant but, alas, the work I’m ‘set’ isn’t exactly enthralling or all that time-consuming, meaning that I have a ridiculous amount of spare time to kill during the day…
Here’s a list of websites to keep you going during your ‘working’ day:
- www.reddit.com/r/askreddit – plethora of random questions, more often than not, hilarious
- www.reddit.com/r/sex – similar to the first, gives insight into how hopeless guys are and how secretly horny us ladies are
- www.reddit.com/r/twoxchromosones – page where women talk about women things
- www.reddit.com/r/indiefolk – if you’re lucky enough to be able to listen to music at work
- www.look.co.uk – website that corresponds to the UK magazine (my favourite magazine)
- www.cosmopolitan.com or uk – I prefer .com, strangely
- www.wordpress.com – perfect time to write away
What websites do you frequent when you’re bored?
, the office